------------------------- click on pictures for larger image -------------------------

Saturday, July 3, 2010

tree critter and the suns rays

 ~ click to enlarge photos ~
 I call the tree below the Charlie Brown tree because
I've never seen it with leaves and I think it would look
cool with Christmas decorations.  The birds seem to
love perching in it.  A couple days ago I noticed a bird
that seem to look a bit odd so I grabbed the camera.
Why it wasn't a bird at all.  It was a chipmunk.
If you look closely you can see it is nibbling on 
some of the feed that I had put out on the ground.
It was very foggy this morning.  The corn field next door
and the field out back had extremely low visiblity.  When I
went out to fill the feeders I noticed the rising sun was trying
to filter through the fog and it appeared to be pushing the fog
through the openings...I thought it looked pretty cool.
Here's a slightly different view that shows how foggy
the back field was at the time the photos were taken.
 ~ click to enlarge photos ~

Nature Notes/Signs of the Season is hosted by Rambling Woods

Hosted by Misty Dawn

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I just love those little chipmunks. They are so cute. WOnderful photos, love the foggy shots too.

Snap said...

Chipmunks are so cute. Lovely shots.

cat said...

Such a cute little visitor.
I love how the light shines through the trees and mist. Beautiful shot.

DeniseinVA said...

Love your adorable chipmunk and the sun's rays shining through the trees is gorgeous!
An English Girl Rambles

Andree said...

I chuckled at your post. I am constantly seeing things outside that are not there. And of course, I always think it is something rare but it's a robin or jay. Like you, I've taken to using my camera to identify my "unique finds." Don't you love those misty, foggy mornings? Great shots.

http://meeyauw.blogspot.com/2010/07/camera-critters-117-tractor-chicken.html

Anonymous said...

I too see things that aren't what I think they are...cute chipmunk. I wonder why there aren't any here. They are welcome. I love the morning shot.....Michelle

Indrani said...

What a coincidence I have posted on the same critter. :)

Carver said...

That's great to catch the chipmunk in the charlie brown tree. I also love your foggy shots.

Carletta said...

What a fun photo!
I love the fog image - a Secret Garden/Narnia moment. :)

Carletta said...

What a fun photo!
I love the fog image - a Secret Garden/Narnia moment. :)

Coy Hill said...

Loved your chippy shots and the first sunray shot is simply awesome! Nothing is quite as pretty as the first sunlight of the morning.